Wednesday, September 11, 2013

MY HERO

Hello, Happy HUMP DAY y'all. Today I'm featuring a card that I made for my son to send to his significant other/girlfriend who is away for several months serving a mission for our church. He bought her a superman cape to send her because he wanted her to know that she is his hero. He asked me to make him a card to go along with it, and you know where this is going....where do I find the perfect new super hero stamp? Lawn Fawn's newest "critters" set of course!! My new set came just in time for me to make this card. I've been so excited to play with this set since the first moment I saw its release. I stamped, and die cut the owl and colored him with my copic markers. I put him on on another adorable piece of card stock that I found in the Doodlebug "Happy Harvest" collection. This paper was the perfect addition...its full of little owl images that just look like they are cheering on their local hero.
I covered his cape and mask with my Wink of Stella so they would sparkle in the wind.


As you can see, the sentiment says "flying by to say" which came from the Lawn Fawn "Flying By" set and on the inside added the sentiment "you're my hero" from the same "Critters in Costume" set the owl came from. A little washi tape and a little twine...and voila!! My son was ecstatic with the results. ENJOY :)


No comments:

Post a Comment