Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Latest Passion

Can I just say...I am so in love with Simon Says Stamp's exclusive dies? Their dies, especially the large ones, make the perfect sentiment/focal point for cards. And that handwriting....... (which from what I understand, is done by the very talented Kristina Werner).... is just beautiful!

The best part about the large sentiment dies from SSS is the fact that you can make two cards from one die by using the negative and positive spaces. So, the other day, I needed to make a card with a water color theme for a new challenge blog called "Virginia's View Challenge".  A bunch of girls that I've friended over at Flickr's Hero Arts group, are taking part in this challenge, so I wanted to join in as well.

I started out by laying down some Tim Holtz inks on my craft sheet, like I've seen Kristina Werner do so many times on her videos ( I'll link one up here for you). I then added the colors onto a 4.25 by 5.50 inch piece of water color paper from Tim Holtz. After drying the paper with my heat tool (because I am a very impatient crafter), I used the large "Hugs" die from SSS and cut it out my sentiment from the center of the paper. I also cut out the same sentiment again from a scrap piece of Neenah 80lb solar white card stock.

Next, I inlayed the white sentiment into the negative space on the water colored paper, so I could get more of a one layered card. Then, I covered the white with some clear Wink of Stella, and added some adorable floral sequins from Lawn Fawn.

This was the result of the first card:

I love the colors I used for the water coloring...they just blended so well together and made the card look so bright and Springy...and I gotta say ....Spring can not come fast enough!!

That was a few days ago...now to today!  I took the water colored positive space from the die cut sentiment, from that card, and decided to make another card with it.  I mean.... why not...am I right?...Its gorgeous!

I started this card by cutting out a piece of purple glitter paper from DCWV's pastel glitter collection, with a die from Mama Elephant, and used that as to frame my card. I then die cut a black piece of card stock, with a coordinating die, to use as my background for the sentiment.  I then decided to die cut the sentiment one more time, from the same glitter paper, so I could off-set it underneath the water colored piece so it looks like the sentiment is shaded. LOVE IT!! Can I just say....wow? I'm so happy with the results of this card. I of course, added some more clear Wink of Stella to this sentiment, and a few sequins from "Neat and Tangled" to finish it off. Viola....another card done! 

What do you think?




Here's a closer look at that amazing sentiment with the glittered piece shading it from behind:




Wish you could see it in person...its awesome...and speaking of awesome...so are you!! Thanks for stopping by :)

Hugs!

~Debbie
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. DROP dead gorgeous on your 2nd entry, Deborah! The variation of colors on HUGS die is stunning! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete