Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Finally Back on Track

I have to apologize for my blogging absense lately. I have been crafting as often as I can but I haven't been very good at sharing the things I've been creating here for you to see.
I promised in my last post that I could share the cards I created for the last Hero Arts Flickr group scramble challenge that I was in charge of. I chose for my challenge to do a color challenge that was inspired by my two oldest sons...age 20 and 18. I never would have picked these colors myself but have noticed many patterned paper pads and accessories using this color scheme and have been very intrigued with it. So, I decided I would play around with the colors and see what I could create with them and how I would like the end result...and let me tell you....I couldn't stop playing! I just love how these two colors look together and I think you will too! I also requested that the project be made with Hero Arts stamps in mind if at all possible.

The colors I chose for the scramble were mint and navy. These are the cards I created for inspiration:




The scramble turned out to be a huge success with some amazing cards! If you get a chance head over to the Hero Arts flickr group and take a peek.

My 7 year old daughter loves to craft with me and she decided she wanted to play along with the challenge. Here is the card she created entirely on her own:



Now its your turn to create a card or project of your choice using this color scheme. Please leave a comment and send me a link of your work so I can check it out :). I've decided to have a little surprise giveaway for anyone who leaves a comment and a link to their project! I'll draw a winner on the evening of April 10th. 

Good luck and Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment