Friday, May 9, 2014

Online Card Class Days 1 and 2

Oh my goodness.....I am officially addicted to watercolor on my card making. Can I just tell you there isn't enough time in the day to make all that I want to make! I'm not just talking about homework for the techniques that I've learned but all the other ideas creaping around in this brain of mine (I really need to get an art journal to write them all down and experiment in .....because as old as I'm getting....I'm forgetting them before they hit the card), not to mention my bad back and fibromyalgia acting up before I can even get going each day!

So ....that being said, I was able to crank out a few cards for the first couple days of homework. 


This first one obviously is a wash of color in the background in a rainbow effect usign shades from yellow to purple. I wrote the sentiment "Smile" with a versamark marker and clear embossed it before I did any watercolring though, and then after the color dried...I iron-off embossed the sentiment to make it a one layer card. Jennifer McGuire has a few videos explaining this process ...I will add a link to one of them for you HERE!


This second card was inspired by the lesson taught from the always amazing Laura Bassen. IT was donw using distress inks on a small acryllic block with some water and stamping them in a pattern. THen of course the fun star and sentiment are from Hero Arts latest release and some Doodlebug springtime enamel dots finish it off!


This fun card was the result of the lesson taught by Jennifer McGuire using liquid masking on your stamped image before adding the water color This flower and sentiment is from another new set from Hero Arts! I gotta say, I love their latest release and  you'll see me use many stamps from it in the near future! There also is a newsprint background stamped in black and white behind the water color image that is also from Hero Arts...and the Pearls were just regular ones from Michaels that I colored black with my copic marker.


This last card was sooooo easy and fun to do! I absolutely love the effect and will be trying it out many a times with different embossing folders. It was done using distress inks and water on a folder and that is all folks!! The sentiment is again, another Hero Arts one and the hexagon enamels dots are from Basic Grey and went along with the background perfectly! I also threw in some polkadotted ribbon that matched from my stash...that I believe was from Michaels as well.


Well my friends, I hope you enjoyed looking at all the fun I've created just from the first two days. We are on day 5 and I still have so many things I want to create, but with a wedding in the familly this week, Dr appts, and making dinner for a family in my neighborhood who just had twins....I may not get to it as fast as my little heart desires! Wish me luck :)

Hugs!
~Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment