Saturday, August 17, 2013

AEI❤U

Howdy friends and fellow stampers. How's your weekend going? Mine has just been a fun day of cleaning and crafting with my family around...I'm loving life right now with the whole family under one roof!!
Today's card was made for the Avery Elle AEI❤U challenge. With this challenge....you are given a sketch and are free to make of it what you will. This my friends.......is the sketch....



And this is what I made of it :). 








I used the "Petals and Stems" set for the flowers and used the matching dies to cut them out. I stamped the sentiment with the "Oh Happy Day" set. I just love the handwriting on this set....so cute!!! I used Hero Arts mid tone shadow inks in peach, pale tomato, mint, and tide pool. I also used coordinating pool notecards, layering papers, pearls, and ribbon on the card then used some various other cardstock I had laying around as well.

Can I just tell you that I have become a 'Wink of Stella"-aholic? I can't make a card without it now! My cards just seem so plain and as if something is missing until I use it. So, I added it to the center of the flowers on this card as well as the leaves and the sentiment. It just adds that perfect sumpin-sumpin that just makes your card pop! I then still felt like it needed a little more so I added two layers of dash lines with my white gel pen but still......something just didn't look right on the right side, so I added a couple large white pearls to just fill in that empty space.......and voila! I LOVE IT!!  It actually reminds me of my i-Pad  cover that I showed on a previous post (you can find it here) where I talked about shabby-chic and how much I love it! It wasn't even intended at all but doesn't this card look a lot like my cover? HEHE!! 

I so appreciate all your patience as I work on my blog. I'm new to this whole "blogging" thingy (holy cow how things have changed) and am trying to make it work and look better for y'all with the help of my 19 year old who is extremely busy...lol!   But in the meantime know I love ya and appreciate every page view and comment.....  ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment