Monday, January 20, 2014

Masculine Mania

Do you have trouble making masculine cards? I know that I certainly do! I don't know if its just cause its more fun to work with soft/bright colors....flowers....butterflies....etc. or if its just truly difficult to come up with different masculine ideas that work. Well, I have some great new for you. I have found the perfect stamp set for those men/boys in your life...and boy do I have a lot of them (no pun intended) In my house....there's not just the hubs, I also have four sons ranging from 11-20 and only one girl who is the youngest by four years.

 This stamp set makes it so much easier to make a quick masculine card. Its called "Dude" and was made by Hero Arts for the Operation Write Home charity. (If you haven't heard of this charity I definitely recommend  you look into it). I mean really....what man doesn't like football, cars and bacon right?

  Isn't it awesome! When I saw this set...I knew right away that I had to have it. 

  This is my first card using this set. A close friend of mine has a son the same age as my daughter and they've kinda grown up together. For is birthday this week, he requested that his Mom, Me, and my daughter Brooklyn go to Olive Garden for lunch....like we used to before they started school (isn't that adorable). So...one day this week my friend and I are going to check them out of school and fulfill his birthday wish as a surprise....and of course, we can't have a birthday lunch without a fun birthday card.


I chose the football and the finger for his card. He loves University of Utah football....so this was perfect. I used Utah's color scheme on my card and die cut a bunch of little stars with the "Starry Sky" die set from Lil' Inkers and matted some black card stock behind them. I then die cut some white stars with Lil' Inkers "Stitched Stars" die set. Next, I inked up the foam finger stamp with some Staze On Jet Black ink onto some red craft foam and fussy cut it out and placed it on one of my stitched stars. Then, I stamped the football with some Hero Arts Cup o' Joe Mid-tone Shadow Ink and fussy cut that out and 3-D mounted it on another star. Then lastly I stamped the Happy Birthday Sentiment onto the card and onto another stitched star and 3-D mounted that star over the top.....so cool! Lastly, I added some white sequin stars and dash lines around the card to finish it up!

  Here's a closer ook at that foam finger...I just love it!! This finger stamp will be a huge staple in my masculine card making...I can already tell :). 

  I hope you found this post very helpful and that you too can make some great cards for the men in your life with this set...I highly recommend it!


Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment