Thursday, January 16, 2014

Where've You Been?

So you may have noticed that I haven't been very active over the last month and here's why. As per my profile...and if you've followed me from the beginning..you'll see that I am a contractor's wife. This means that my husband spends months at a time away from us, while he protects our diplomats and other Goverment/Military officials. So, as you may of guessed, he has recently headed back after 6 months of being home with us and I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him as possible over the Holidays before he left. And then, as you could hopefully understand, it takes me a week or two of getting back into my groove and over the depression of not having him around me 24/7.

This is one of the reason's I love this hobby. The happiness paper crafting brings me and other's is a wonderful distraction from my everyday life stresses of raising 5 children alone while my husband is away for months working one of the most dangerous jobs on earth. Whew! What a crazy life I live ;).

Now for the cards....



As I stated yesterday in my post, I am in desparate need of Birthday cards. So, I decided to get working on some bright and cheery cards to help lift my mood.

For both of my cards, I used  the same elements.  Both were made using the Hero Arts "Butterfly and Flowers" set, "On the Diaganol Die" from Lil' Inker Designs, cardstock from the Jillibean Soup's "Coconut Lime Soup" 6x6 paper pad, and "Banana Split" card stock from My Favorite Things as the base.  The second card, however, used one different stamp set....which was "Fancy Basics" for the sentiment. I also added some sequins from Lawn Fawn's "Into the Woods" lawn ornament set to the second card while the first card was embellished with some pearls from Doodlebug.
Its amazing how different they look when the main components of the cards are the same. I was super happy with how they both turned out and I must admit, they did indeed make me feel better! 

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment