Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Blingy Birthday

What girl doesn't like bling for their birthday...am I right? Well, for today's card...we put the bling in the card instead of the gift!

I came up with this design while laying in bed last night. I have a lot of time on my hands to think at night since the nights are long and its hard to sleep wity my hubby so far away.

I made this card for Hero Arts Birthday Challenge. They are looking for some birthday cards with some metallic added in. Well, I think I definitely hit the metallic on the head with this card...what do you think?

I stamped out  by stamping the "tiny flags" background from Hero Arts onto some black card stock with versamark and heat embossed with some Ranger super fine gold embossing powder. I then stamped the first image from Hero Arts CL758 set the same way but added silver and then gold for the "BLING" sentiment. Next I added the Happy Birthday sentiment, embossed in silver again, from Hero Arts "CL754" set after cutting it apart to fit it on one line instead of two.

Next I embellished by wadding up some silver metallic thread and adding it behind the framed sentiment and the last but not least, added some gold and silver metallic candy buttons from Basic Grey for a little more blingy bling!

I couldn't be happier with the results! 

Enjoy!




a close up of the metallic thread behind the frame





1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I love all the metallic :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete