Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Scripty Hello Shaker Card


Hello My Crafty Friends:)

   Last night while I was laying in bed, I was trying to find a fun new way to make a shaker card. I wanted to figure out something that I've never seen anyone do before....and after several minutes of sketching and contemplating.....this idea came to mind. Why not make a shaker card out of a large scripty die? I decided that this idea could really pan out. Simon Says Stamps has created such amazing large scripty dies lately...and I was sure I would find just the one I needed.
   
   I decided I would try my idea out with Simon Says Stamps "Big Hello Craft Die". This particular die could work perfectly with all its loops and turns. I started by die cutting the sentiment out with 80lb Neenah solar white card stock 5 times as well as once with some white fun foam. Next, I added the fun foam and 3 layers of the sentiment I'd cut out, together using some Tombow Mono Multi glue. After they dried, I adhered the stack down onto a printed sheet of card stock that was already glued down to my 4.25 by 5.50 card base that was also made from 80lb Neenah Solar White. I then glued the two other hello sentiments together the same way, and then glued them on top of a piece of clear acetate I had laying around. I then cut the acetate off from around the outside of the hello sentiment, so it wouldn't be noticeable, except inside the largest loops. Before adhering the whole thing together, I filled each open area in the die with some tiny clear sequins, that I received from a previous Holiday card kit from Simon Says Stamp. The tiny size of these sequins worked perfectly inside this shaker card.
 
   Then lastly...I added some silver twine from Lawn Fawn, a few more of the tiny sequins....and a sentiment from Inky Antics "Simple Sentiments" stamp set.
  
 
*Please leave some Comment love if you like this card.....I'd love to hear what you have to say :). If you like what you see...I would like to invite you to follow my blog as well!
   Thank you friends.....Enjoy!!
 
~Debbie
 
 Products without a link:
   Printed Card Stock From: We R Memory Keepers 6x6 Paper Pad, Feelin' Groovy
   Sentiment Stamp: Inky Antics Simple Sentiments

8 comments:

  1. Very cool idea - I love this idea for a shaker card! And the paper you choose works perfectly with it. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great card!!! You came up with a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I L O V E your card, whAt a clever shaker card. I want to try, I wish to CAS your card. I am now a follower, though I use Feedly so wont show up as a follower. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW---beautiful card and amazing technique! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at a lot of cards every day but this one really stood out. I am going to shamelessly copy using the Hello die in this manner. Thanks for the fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shakers are one of my favorites, alone with pop ups. Good for you to create something not yet done. It's keeps getting harder and harder with all the talent out there. Congrats; I love it

    ReplyDelete