Thursday, November 7, 2013

Holiday Card Series #1

Hi Friends,
I decided  I would try my hand at a Holiday Card series this year. I am just loving making my holiday cards and my goal is to post at least one card a day till Christmas Eve (although I may throw in a few non holiday as well). 
If you've been following me,  you'll remember that this is my first year paper crafting, and also that my hubby is a contractor overseas. After being home since July, he is off again very soon and will be gone for quite awhile. The Holidays will be difficult this year, but to get through the lonliness, I find solace in my paper crafting. I tell everyone that asks about me about this new found addiction, that my paper crafting may be pricey, but it is way cheaper than therapy and depression meds...lol!
So please follow along with me as I create cards and craft with paper through the Holiday Season.

Now, without furter ado....here is card #1

Chillin'






This fun card was made by first, stamping the plaid backgound using the "Plaid Background Builder" from My Favorite things with Hero Art's Shadow Inks in tide pool, red royal, and silver onto a panel Nennah Solar White card stock. Second, I stamped out some images from the Paper Smooches "Swanky Snowdudes" set and cut them out with their coordinating dies. I colored the adorable characters with my copic markers and added some clear "Wink of Stella" to shimmer up their scarves, hats, and noses.

The sentiment was stamped on some red card stock from my local Michael's craft store using the same Paper Smooches set and white embossing it with versamark and Hero Art's powder. It was then cut out using a oval nestabilities die cut, and then I went around it making dash lines with my white gel pen. Lastly, I added some snowflake and teal colored sequins that I found at my local JoAnn's and layered the scene on the same red card stock as the sentiment and then mounted it all on some Bazzil teal colored card stock that I used as the card base. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment